EBONY Cover :: Beyonce


I have to be completely honest. I'm not a big Beyonce fan. Yes, she's beautiful and she's talented. You can't take those things away from her no matter what anyone says.

But she does nothing for me...

HOWEVER, I love this photo of her on the cover of next month's EBONY! The look is great! I love to see artists evolve and reinvent themselves over time. I'm curious to know if this is the new direction she's going in, or if this was strictly for the photoshoot. I'll keep watching...

3 comments:

Mrs. Johnson | February 27, 2009 at 12:17 PM

i was just saying how i'm FINALLY tired of seeing beyonce! people have been saying it for awhile and i never agreed. i was like, "do your thing!" but, i saw this cover earlier and i'm like..."what else does she have to say??" we know she's grown up, married, and sasha...PLEASE GO AWAY ALREADY! she performs every chance she gets (last being at the oscars) and doesn't give us a chance to miss her. saying all of that, i liked the pics from the photo shoot, though, because she looks natural (without the tranny makeup) and the look from the cover is cool too.

LaLa | February 27, 2009 at 1:05 PM

I like her!!!

I too am very interested in where she is going with this...

Shannon ♠ | March 1, 2009 at 12:06 AM

She hadn't released an album in over a two and a half years (sept 06-nov 08). That's a great deal of time in today's industry. She did Dreamgirls and then filmed two more movies. After Dreamgirls, everybody wondered where she was and when she was coming back out. Now she's back and people are tired. So the whole "she doesn't give us time to miss her" thing is just a misconstrued perception of how things are working in today's technological society.

I think people get overwhelmed by artists who hardly ever fault and are genuinely liked by the press. The more the press likes them, the more they're out there.

You can't knock her hustle. She's making more money than all of us combined.

I just wish she'd lend me some presidents.