Dollars in My Mouth :: Part III


I've been bombarded with A LOT of questions lately. Everyone wants to know what I've been doing and how my fashion courses are going. First, I'll address the latter since it's like ripping off a Band-Aid. So, about 2 months ago I was laid off my nine-2-five, thanks to the economy. Luckily, by the strength of my illustrious Phraternity, I found another job the very next week. A blessing, right? The other side of that equation is that my hours changed and so did the area of Los Angeles I was working in. In turn, I was unable to continue taking my night classes and had to drop them. At first I was really bummer out about it. After all the setbacks I went through with trying to pursue an education at FIDM and thinking I'd had it all figured out with taking the same courses at El Camino and LA Trade Tech threw me for a loop.

But then...God reminded me of who I am. I was reminded of how relentless I am when it comes to something I'm passionate about and how many of my favorite designers and powerhouses in the industry had never had any formal training. I've since picked myself back up and figured out another alternative game plan. I've made numerous contacts and have done some amazing networking with some of the fashion industries leading peeps in Los Angeles. So, I'm still making moves...

Additionally, without giving away too much, the pictures you see in this post are just a small preview of what I have in the works with my partner Stoney Love. She just moved back from Boston after graduating from Tufts. We have some awesome shit in the works and I can't wait for the final reveal. In the meantime, I give you little bits and pieces to chew on over the next few months...


3 comments:

LaLa | May 29, 2009 at 2:57 PM

I'm so proud and happy for you my love...

God's plans ALWAYS out weight our own! Eyes on the prize!

Your always in my thoughts and prayers friend!


love u

Mrs. Johnson | May 29, 2009 at 5:01 PM

THUMBS UP! there are going to be many more bumps and turns, it's just how you handle them. dust yourself off and try again! when you get back up, sometimes you're standing there saying..."this was actually a better way!" be blessed and miss ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love- the cilantro mrs.

C | May 29, 2009 at 9:21 PM

awww tashi is smiling!!