A Lil' V-Day Flair

During a trip to a Five Four boutique this past Saturday, I noticed one of the manikins was styled with an outlined fabric heart on the straps of its suspenders. I decided I was going to be a good sport this weekend and really get into the Valentine's Day spirit. Inspired by what I'd seen in the store, I decided to do my own version of the heart. I went home, took my fabric shears & some old denim from a pair of jeans I'd converted into shorts and got to work. I outlined a free-handed heart I drew, cut it out, starched & ironed it really well, and pinned it to my $2 lavender oxford.

This extra piece of flair I added to my ensemble, that only took 10 minutes to make, ended up being a really big hit! I was approached by so many [Valentine's Day sick] women (and people in general) who thought it was "the cutest/greatest thing" they'd ever seen during my very busy social circuit Saturday night. It's those subtle touches that get you noticed and end up being a talking point at parties.

Funny how dollars don't determine how stylish you can be. Creativity is key.

3 comments:

LaLa | February 17, 2010 at 9:35 AM

I love it!

bespoked stanzas | February 18, 2010 at 9:46 PM

LOVE!

MrBlacLabel | February 21, 2010 at 12:35 AM

Site is dope homie....i used to be a full-time DIY'er b4 i became a full time designer
your home boy in the pic above has on a cardigan i design for BLPP-GUNMETAL

@_Mosito