RIP DJ AM

I'm a little late, but I wanted to acknowledge the passing of one of the music industry's best. Adam Goldstein, better known as DJ AM was found dead on Friday August 28, in his New York apartment. Details have not been released as of yet but many reports indicate that drug paraphernalia was found near the body. He was 36 years old.

This is so very tragic. I had the opportunity to meet AM last year at the Carmelo Anthony M5 release party. It was shortly after his recovery from the plane crash that nearly claimed he and Travis Barker's life. He seemed like he had such a renewed sense of purpose. He was in great spirits and obliged my request for a photo and even stood and had a conversation with me for a while.

RIP big homie...

2 comments:

Mrs. Johnson | September 5, 2009 at 8:10 AM

oh yeah! forgot about that! it's great that you got to meet him

Jarah | September 7, 2009 at 10:22 PM

That's dope!!!