"Fresh" Family Photos

As always, kudos are in order for my favorite street fashion photographer Scott Schuman. And since I take every opportunity I get to exhibit something related to African Americans and fashion, I had to share this...

During a regular visit to the Chelsea Flea Market in New York, Scott came across a fist-full of old photos from an unknown Black family. So delighted with the style and attention to detail, he purchased the pictures and posted them on his blog. I have to agree with the Sartorialist. They were a great find from which so many questions can be derived by the fashionably inquisitive mind --- "Where are they from? Are any of them still alive? Was the style of this generation carried on to the next? Where did they shop? What did style and fashion mean to them and how did it help them fit in or alienate them from their neighbors?"

Click here to see the entire article.

0 comments: