Check Out :: Janelle, Drake & Cee-Lo

CEE-LO + GREG STREET x STRAY BULLETS

It seems like 2010 is giving us the gift of phenomenal music! Cee-Lo's new mixtape Stray Bullets is amazing! I cannot articulate how much I love this compilation of wonderful music. The cover art and the fact that its a mixtape threw me way off kilter. I was not expecting what has been responsible for giving me eargasms for the past week. To call this project a work of art would be an understatement. It resignates so well with my spirit and gives me so much creative inspiration. If you don't listen to anything else I ever say, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do yourself a favor and download this mixtape.

Click here and enjoy.

TRACK LISTING

1. Goldschläger (Produced by The Grey Area)
2. You Don’t Shock Me Anymore (Produced by The Grey Area)
3. Cho Cha the Cat (with the B-52’s) (Produced by The Teddy Bears)
4. I Like It (Produced by The Grey Area)
5. Little Black Book (Produced by The Grey Area)
6. Talking To Strangers (Produced by The Grey Area)
7. ChamPain (Produced by Doc & The Grey Area)
8. Night Train (with the Goodie Mob) (Produced by The Grey Area & Anthony Kronfle)
9. The Secret (Produced by The Grey Area)
10. Sophistic@ted B!$ch (Produced by The Grey Area)
11. I’ll Kill Her (feat. ME & LOnan the Destroyer) (Produced by ?????)
12. Is It _ (Produced by The Grey Area)
13. Super Woman Theme Song (Produced by The Grey Area)
14. Night Cap Outro (One Last Shot of Goldschläger) (Produced by The Grey Area)

DRAKE x THANK ME LATER

I am lucky enough to have gotten my hands on an advance copy of Drake's first official record Thank Me Later a little over a week ago. I've finally decided once and for all, after more than a year, that I'm a fan of his music after listening. I mean, wow! Like Kid Cudi, he successfully tells the story of an ambitious Black male in his 20s so creative and honestly - covering everything from relationships to the grind. I don't think I've ever related so closely with anything else I've listened to in my life. He's exceeded each and every one of my expectations.

Be sure to go and pick up a copy tomorrow in stores!

TRACK LISTING

1. Fireworks (feat. Alicia Keys)
2. Karaoke
3. The Resistance
4. Over
5. Show Me a Good Time
6. Up All Night (feat. Nicki Minaj)
7. Fancy (feat. T.I. & Swizz Beatz)
8. Shut It Down (feat. The Dream)
9. Unforgettable (feat. Young Jeezy)
10. Light Up (feat. Jay-Z)
11. Miss Me (feat. Lil Wayne)
12. Ceces Interlude
13. Find Your Love
14. Thank Me Now

JANELLE MONAE x THE ARCHANDROID

It might sound silly, but although I don't know Janelle Monae personally, I feel like I have a special connection with her. She started off a local artist in Atlanta doing shows in the AUC (Morehouse, Spelman and Clark-Atlanta University) when I was in undergrad and various other venues and I've had the pleasure of watching her evolve as what I'm confident will be described one day as a legendary artist over the past 7 years. Her newest record The ArchAndroid is a classic! She gives you so much musical range with so many different genres, solid lyrics and powerful vocals. I am truly blown away every single time I listen to it.

Go and grab a copy at retail NOW!

TRACK LISTING

1. Suite II Overture
2. Dance Or Die (Ft. Saul Williams)
3. Faster
4. Locked Inside
5. Sir Greendown
6. Cold War
7. Tightrope (Ft. Big Boi)
8. Neon Gumbo
9. Oh, Maker
10. Come Alive
11. Mushrooms & Roses
12. Suite III Overture
13. Neon Valley Street
14. Make The Bus (Ft. Of Montreal)
15. Wondaland
16. 57821 (Ft. Deep Cotton)
17. Say You’ll Go
18. Ba Bop Bye Ya

(Photo taken at Morehouse/Spelman Homecoming 2007)

1 comments:

Anonymous | June 16, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Dude, you are such an eloquent, thoughtful, and creative writer. I learn something new everytime I read your posts AND i always get put up on new tunes! Just wanted to tell you that...greetings from Texas :)