Zack X Carlton

I'm taking on yet another alias this summer. You can call me, "The Fresh Prince of Bayside." As I mentioned a few posts ago, my summer style is being completely influenced by the early 90s. It might be a result of my complete and utter obsession with Nick at Nite for the past few months. Reruns of Family Matters and California Dreams have me in a trance, salivating over pieces in the wardrobe.

Since I tend be a little more "Preppy" in my personal style, I wanted to pull in elements of Zack Morris' closet and combine it with the Carlton Banks-esque articles of clothing I have in mine.

THIS is one of my first photographed attempts at meshing the 2 styles. I'm wearing a Ralph Lauren oxford ($5, thrift), black Levi's ($35, Macy's), grey wool limited edition Sperry Top-Siders ($85, Zappos.com), and an amazing, vintage graphic cardigan I found at Goodwill for $2.

Thoughts? Opinions? All are welcome. I'm loving how this whole thing is coming together. It's forcing me to stretch the limits of my creativity.

To further compliment the pairing, I purchased these retro looking pair of Air Flights from a Nike Outlet in somewhere in Florida after my trips to Miami for $40. They are some of the most comfortable shoes I've owned in my life. Every time I put them on, someone thinks I fished them out of some sneaker-head auction or something. LOVE them!

2 comments:

MoMo | June 15, 2010 at 7:03 PM

I love it! Not too many can pull this off effectively; you do it effortlessly and impeccably. Well done Broder, well done.

Miss Wilson | June 20, 2010 at 2:24 PM

I love that you are attempting to blend together two distinct styles to create a refreshing, new one. I'm curious to see other outfits. Post them soon!