District 9

I LOVED DISTRICT 9! This movie will definitely go down as a sci-fi classic! I recommend it to all hardcore 70s/80s alien flick fans. I can't articulate what elements of the movie did it for me, but it brought about that same sense of nostalgia. The genre has been lacking for the past the past 10 years and I feel like District 9 set a new precedent for it. The preview does a great job of giving moviegoers an idea of what the film is about, but there's so much more to it than that. The plot was so original and refreshing. The movie itself is a little creepy and unsettling, but in a good way. After all, the function of cinema is to entertain and invoke some type of emotion, right? All this and there were absolutely no big name actors to distract you from enjoying the movie.

GO SEE IT!

3 comments:

KhloeRose | August 18, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Seth....khloerose is going to have to disagree with district 9. I thought it was terrible. I was waiting for the movie to be over. But to each it's own. lol...(btw i deleted my twitter account. Felt like i was becoming to accessible)
send me ur pin. I have a new bbm

SpkTRUTH2Pwr | August 24, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I had mixed feelings about it. I actually disagree on the sci-fi element. I think it could have been done better and it left many holes between the aliens' story, their superior technology yet, complete lack of desire to be more assertive, how they had somehow mastered English, and the humans had mastered the alien language, etc.

I think the making point of it was the things that "created unease". It was the underlying messages embodied by the treatment of aliens as second class citizens and people being afraid of what they didn't understand.

Maiyah | September 22, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Well....I saw the movie and I thought it was a pretty creative Sci Fi flick...but it did rub the Nigerian community the wrong way...a spokesperson for the Nigerian community released a statement saying that the movie was offensive....Personally, I thought was pretty cool.....