#Twittaholic

I'll be the first to admit, without shame, that I'm addicted to social networking - especially Twitter! The site was developed from the simplest concept, but has caught on like wild fire. If you're like me then UberTwitter is always on and you're constantly sharing your thoughts and happenings with the world.

This morning some hatin' ass, douchebag decided to hack our favorite networking tool causing it to go down for several hours. According to CNN "Twitter says its site's blackout was caused by a denial of service attack, which likely means a hacker used a herd of infected computers to send bad information to the site to overwhelmed it."

In the meantime, while they worked tirelessly to get the site back up and running, my friends and I hopped on to BlackBerry Messenger to discuss the angst we were experiencing as a result of the site going down. I have to sit back and laugh (out loud). It just goes to show how dependent our society has become on social networking and technology. For some reason that doesn't bother me. A lot of people are making the argument that it's changing the way we communicate and we're are no longer maintaining face-to-face interaction with one another. I would agree to some degree, but I have to say that it doesn't apply to everyone. For me, social networking serves as a tool to stay connected with my loved ones and family members at times when I'm otherwise unable to (i.e. at work). But I most definitely remain (socially) ACTIVE™.

;-)

2 comments:

ladibrownsugar | August 6, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Allow me to reintroduce myself, my name is ladibrownsugar, and I'm addicted to twitter...lol...great article

LaLa | August 7, 2009 at 9:57 AM

I wouldn't say addicted ... Frequent relapse(r) perhaps haha