LA Fashion Week :: Project ETHOS

Another great weekend for fashion! Friend and designer Jenny P, once again hooked me up for Project ETHOS at the House of Blues on Sunset in Hollywood , this past Saturday, October 24th. Project ETHOS, known as the “incubator for emerging artists in fashion, music and art,” is a quarterly, red carpet event in Los Angeles that showcases all emerging Millennial Generation forms of creativity in one house, on one night. By merging fashion, music and art into one giant display of genius, Project ETHOS creates an innovative form of exposure for artists, a new scouting location for talent representatives, and a fresh outing for event goers. Project ETHOS is on a mission to bridge the gap between the Indie and Mainstream worlds and provide opportunity for previously unrecognized talent. With a potent ear to the street, the ETHOS team seeks out extraordinarily talented fresh faces, creating a link to decision makers and industry professionals. Project ETHOS is the next generation of exposing all artistry to the media, public and industry.

I had an all access press pass which afforded me the opportunity to interview designers, artists, musicians and models. I even had a front row seat for the fashion show, which were exclusively reserved for buyers, not press. Lucky me!

And the best part? Naked models backstage! Yay! Haha!

Me with new artist Liz Paige. Her music is really hot! Click here and check her out!

I also got a chance to chat with Brooke Staricha (of America's Next Top Model, Cycle 6). Turns out that the statuesque model is just as smart as she is beautiful. After her run on ANTM she returned to school and graduated. She's since relocated to Los Angeles to see where her career takes her.

She modeled that night for up and coming designer Goci.

In an industry like fashion where creativity is color-blind, I try my very best not to be bias. If you’re talented, you’re talented. But I love to support Black designers because we are so underrepresented. So imagine my delight when my favorite collection of the 7 designers showing Saturday night ended up being Black designer Houstina Summers (pictured above) of Cowgirl Heaven.

After seeing the previous models pound the runway showing off the designers’ creations in an elegant, but typical fashion, the CGH models stole the show and everyone’s attention. The all Black ensemble marched up and down to Jamie Foxx’s “Digital Girl”; on beat and with an extra ounce of sass the other models couldn’t match. I’m so mad I didn’t get it on video, but in all fairness to me, I was not expecting it. Haha! Excellent presentation coupled with an unrivaled execution!

I had an opportunity to interview Houstina after the show; who is the sweetest and most humble designer. We spoke briefly about Cowgirl Heaven and her inspiration. I honestly struggled through the interview, feeling like a school boy because Houstina is gorgeous!

Ladies, you complain about me not covering any women’s fashion. Well, here is my gift to you. Click here and check out Summers’ one of a kind pieces. They’re so very unique, vibrant, fun and above all, inexpensive. Get one now before she blows up!

0 comments: