Dress Code :: The Summer Wedding


Hard to believe but before I looked up I suddenly reached the age where my friends are running off, falling in love, getting married and having children. No, seriously, where does the time go? I haven't been to a wedding in years and honestly haven't been to many in my life. So when 3 of my friends announced that they were getting married and ironically on the same day, I knew I was going to have to dig deep for a little creativity.

I decided to go to my friend Amanda's wedding because we are the closest of the 3 while I did manage to make a cameo at Ashley's reception, but Mel's was completely out of the question as it was in Jamaica. Amanda had a garden wedding in beautiful Manhattan Beach, CA, blocks away from the beach. So I elected to wear: $100 light grey suit (3 Day Suit Broker), $2 yellow Geoffrey Beene shirt (thrift), $1 black knit tie (thrift), $25 Kenneth Cole tie bar (Bloomingdale's), and $80 Kenneth Cole shoes (K&G). The combination of colors and textures (pictured above) was perfect for the location.


To quote GQ Style, "What you wear to a wedding doesn't just depend on the season. You also need to consider the location—and the crowd. Like, are we talking an East Coast prepster fest on a Nantucket beach? Or a Wayfarer-addled hipster bash in a SoHo loft? [You should look sharp] wherever you end up on the summer wedding circuit."

Click here to read GQ's Summer Wedding Survival Guide. They give you everything from the beach wedding to country casual to the after-dark city wedding.

Click here for additional tips from Valet Magazine.

0 comments: