"Do you think Kanye is gay?"



Anyone who knows me knows that I'm an avid Kanye fan. Although I think dude can be a bid of a crybaby at times, in general, I think he's dope! He possesses one of my favorite qualities in a person - fearlessness. Being Black men, I think we have such a skewed perception of what masculinity is and as a result we refuse to tap into our creativity. Which in turn forces us to be safe. Which makes us wack. Which in turn...I think you get the point...

Anyway, I'm talking to a friend the other day and all of a sudden they ask me, "Do you think Kanye is gay?"...SMH!...Let me first of all make it known that I am in no way homophobic. I'm not one of those ignorant ass niggas that thinks that being gay is a choice. I respect everyone and their lifestyle. Life is short and you have to do what makes you happy....

Getting back to my point, WHY is it that we as Black people have to always bring down the most prominent African American males in the industry by posing that trivial ass question, "Do you think _________ is gay?" Why? Because...they dress nice? They speak well? They care about their appearance? They listen to rock? We still don't even realize ourselves that the Black man is not just one thing. And anyone that deviates from that idea is not automatically gay.

I think I get so rowled up about this topic because of who I've always been. The older I get, the more comfortable I become with myself. I am who I am. I like what I like. I know that is in large part due to the fact that I have a great set of family and friends who love me and push me to be me. And I've never really had a problem with anyone questioning my sexuality based on my interests. Not to my face, at least. I still both, take it personal and feel sorry for people who have no imagination and are so limited in their thinking that they automatically feel like every nigga who's not wearing a white T is gay. The lack of a 6X Pro Club in my wardrobe doesn't affect my sexuality. Stupid.

Grow up.





0 comments: