Mama Endorses Me...



My mother...

Until yesterday around 3:00 p.m. PST, I would have told you that there was nothing my mom could say or do to surprise me. I'm very close to both of my parents, in different ways. My dad's the ultimate supporter. He's always been the one to tell me and my brothers to do what makes us happy, chase our dreams. My mother is not necessarily the opposite, she just always taught us to do what makes sense. If it's not going to guarantee you security, she probably won't agree. I've told just about everyone willing to listen about my recent "leap" and decision to follow my dreams...everyone except my mom. I don't want anything to kill my high. That includes my mother's practicality. But because we are so close, I finally sat her down yesterday and told her about my plans.

Here's a snapshot of what she said:

[long dramatic pause] What do I think? Hmmm...I think you're talented. You're young. You're creative and you always have been. Of course because I'm your mother I've watched you over the years. I've seen millions of sketches you've drawn, pictures you've taken, clothes you've worn - I've known for a while this is something you want to do. And like you're father, I've always wondered when the time would come that you'd finally do it. Chris, you don't have any kids, no major responsibilities. Go for it honey! I believe in you. Chase your dream. You have my love and support."

[sigh] I love my mommy...

0 comments: