What the fuck was Thom Browne thinking?

Designer Thom Browne first caught my attention back in 2006 when he became a guest designer for Brooks Brothers. He created one of the haute-est 50-piece men and women's collections I've ever seen from Brooks. The collection appeared exclusively in 30 stores worldwide in 2007. If you'd asked me a year ago, I would have told you that Thom had the potential of going down in the books as one of the greats. I thought he was brilliant and his collections were innovative.

Today, I'm singing a TOTALLY different tune! I just have to say this boldly: Thom Browne's Spring 2009 collection is GARBAGE! HOT GARBAGE, in fact! What the fuck is he thinking about?

My least favorite designers are those who try to make men's fashion too feminite and for some strange reason, Browne has a fascination with what some fashion editors have called "male powerlessness." Softening some aspects of men's clothing is one thing, but a tutu Thom?! Come on! The suit/gown that closed the show almost made me throw up! Ugh!

Note to Thom: Do better homie.

TRASH
1. anything worthless, useless, or discarded; rubbish.
2. foolish or pointless ideas, talk, or writing; nonsense.
3. a worthless or disreputable person.










1 comments:

Treesje | September 28, 2008 at 1:35 PM

I love how the black guy was smart enough to hide his identity...he knew better than to let his homies see him in that nonsense...LOL