More on Kanye...



Today Mr. West announced that the first pieces of his Pastelle collection will be released online in January. The first drop includes the jacket from the AMA’s, the hoodie that he was wearing at the Dior fashion show earlier this year (photo below) and the jacket that you see in the photo above. He also announced that the much anticipated Air Yeezy will be released in March 2009 and he also is apparently working with Louis Vuitton on a sneaker collaboration.

I'm excited to see what he's going to bring to the table. I just hope the streets don't kill it for me like they A Bathing Ape.



Also...

I got so many calls and text messages regarding my review of 808s & Heartbreaks yesterday. My friends had mixed emotions. Half of you agreed with me and the other half of you couldn't understand why I didn't like the album. Of you who didn't understand why I didn't like it, you mentioned that he pushed the envelope with this record. But I feel like that's what's made him special throughout his entire career. Anybody remember Late Registration? Musically, that album was "different" and I loved it. He's always been different and that why I both like him so much and have so much respect for what he does. I've been a fan since I heard "H to the Izzo" in high school. That doesn't mean I have to like everything he does. I honestly don't feel like this album is as good as it could have been.

I am, however, listening to it again right now and Patrick I'll admit that it's growing on me. But I still can't say that I like it. We'll see...

1 comments:

Nana | December 1, 2008 at 10:19 AM

I agree with you...

Kanye needs some vacay time quickly. I feel a mental breakdown coming. I think this album was for him. Jus a way to express the crap going on in his life. The autotune was jus a crutch. Honestly some of the tracks didn't need it. Pinocchio is some DEPRESSING, SAD, SALT IN THE WOUND stuff. I really don't need to see some britney disaster again...

BTW why does he thinks hanging out and dating white ppl is gonna make his problems go away?!!


where are YOU yeezy?!