President Barack Hussein Obama



Never in my lifetime did I dream that we would have an African American president. Ever. As a child, my parents and teachers always told me that I could be anything I wanted (including president) and I've always believed that. But the older I got and realized how truly evil and racist of country still is, the notion of me, or anyone who looks like me, becoming president of the United States became more of a nice thought than an attainable dream.

I was dead wrong.

I was on board when I first learned of Barack a couple of years ago. Even when his candidacy was a just a rumor. Among his intellect, solid policies and vision, I voted for Barack Obama because of what he symbolizes - Dr. Martin Luther King's (my Morehouse brother) dream realized.

I'm excited for what this means for African American children. They can dream again. They'll grow knowing that they can truly be anything they want to be.

I can't articulate the way I feel right now. I guess the best way to describe is...I feel like you!

1 comments:

LaLa | November 5, 2008 at 12:48 PM

unreal.

I still have chills.

amazing.

change in full effect.

yesssssssssssssssss.