World AIDS Day



In case you're living under a rock somewhere and didn't know, today is World AIDS Day. The day when individuals and organizations from around the world come together to bring attention to the global AIDS epidemic. This year marks the 20th anniversary of World AIDS Day. The theme for World AIDS Day 2007 and 2008 is “leadership”. Leadership was selected as the theme to encourage leaders at all levels to stop AIDS. Building on the 2006 theme of accountability, leadership highlights the discrepancy between the commitments that have been made to halt the spread of AIDS, and actions taken to follow them through. The theme empowers everyone from individuals to organisations to governments to lead in the response to AIDS.

I was told by several friends that I was supposed to wear (red) today to support the cause. I'm doing my part (see the fantastic picture below). I can't stress enough how important I feel it is to be tested every 6 months. Even if you haven't been sexually active for a while. It's really a matter of life and death people. I just got tested a few weeks ago and I'm happy to say that I'm HIV negative! You should do the same.


*Photograph taken with my new BlackBerry Storm. That post coming soon!

0 comments: