Download :: A (2)Dope Mixtape "Cadillac Edition"


Lately, I've been on a hunt for new music. Everything in my car is getting a stale. I finally decided to take Sean's advice and download A (2)Dope Mixtape Cadillac Edition. He sent me the link almost 4 months ago, but I wasn't too pressed about it after his last recommendation. The week before, he had convinced me that I HAD to download T-Pain's new (at the time) album Thr33 Ringz - a CD that threw out of my moving vehicle because it sucked SO bad. LoL!

This time, Sean was right. This mixtape is amazing!!! THIS is what the West coast sounds like to me. I feel like the reason why we've lost so much credibility in the music industry is because of our inability to evolve. Most of the music that comes out of L.A. sounds exactly the same way it did 15+ years ago when we dominated. [Prominent] West coast artists are still rapping about gangbanging, low riders and "fools getting their caps peeled." While these things are still a part of L.A. culture, it's no longer what defines us. I'd like to think and believe that we've advanced since then. Gangs are not as prevalent as they used to be, but we are still as laid back and carefree as we ever were.

Young artist like U-N-I, Pac Div and Three-1-Zero are the future of West coast hip-hop. They bring a new sound and feel to the genre. Please forget about The Game and Snoop for a minute. This mixtape embodies what "we" sound like today.

CLICK HERE and download A (2)Dope Mixtape Cadillac Edition, brought to you by popular West coast bloggers 2 Dope Boyz.

Sit back and enjoy!

0 comments: