Malibu's Most Wanted

If you asked me to describe my perfect Sunday afternoon it'd go a little something like this...

I slept in for the first time in weeks! I woke up, made a light breakfast of grilled cheese & sliced fruit and caught up on Grey's Anatomy via Hulu. Sometime around noon I got a text from designer Kianna Shann asking me to come to the photoshoot for her swimwear line Candy Coated. I know what you're thinking. What a delicious invite, right? I got dressed and headed down the 10-W towards Malibu. The ultimate moment of Zen for me was driving down a 5 mile stretch of Pacific Coast Highway, with the wind in my face, taking in the California sun and amazing view of the ocean. When I arrived at the location I was happy that I had neglected to put on socks and wore my light wax-cotton parka. The tides were high which guaranteed wet feet and its still Winter so it was a bit chilly despite the sun.

The gorgeous models that Shann decided to use were as diverse in ethnicity as they were in body type. Incorporating the same quality and style in her pieces as any other couture label, the designer wants her ad campaign to convey that she creates for every woman - color, shape and height. The one thing they all had in common, however, was their beauty and sense of humility & professionalism. They were great to work with.

Candy Coated Swimwear will be available for purchase this Spring. Click here to follow the designer on Twitter for updates.

0 comments: