Style Investment :: Iron

The term "investment" invokes so many different thoughts. I'm willing to bet fashion is the last thing on your mind when you hear it, right? Well gentlemen (and ladies too), when it comes to personal style, you should really think about investing...in a quality iron, that is. Many underestimate the power of a great clothing iron coupled with your wardrobe. I can't explain how frustrating it is to be at a friend's house when you're planning to get dressed or you're out of town at a hotel, and all they have available is one of those cheap ass $10 Sunbeam irons. What am I supposed to do with that when I packed heavy cotton and denim?! It's simply not acceptable and certainly not sufficient enough for a man's wardrobe.

I'm clearly all about finding just about everything for the low, but there are certain things I just won't skip on when it comes to price and quality; hygiene being number 1 and a quality iron somewhere on my top 10 list. There's nothing like having nicely pressed clothing. It makes your clothes look more expensive and compliments the contours of your body.

I purchased my Black & Decker iron you see pictured above on sale, of course, for $80 at Sears (originally retailed for $119.99). Paying that premium also guarantees long-life. I've had it for 3 years and it still works like new. I could iron the wrinkles out of John McCain's face with this thing! Just a tip, the minute your iron starts to leak and spew out that rust water, it's time to toss it and buy a new one.

Here are some other irons I recommend for any price point, cause let's be serious, we are in a recession...

Shark GI490 Professional Continuous Iron, $32.99 (Overstock.com)

Powerful Steam 'Professional Results' Station Iron, $97.99 (Overstock.com)

Oliso TG-1600 Smart Iron, $159.99 (Overstock.com)

2 comments:

Anonymous | March 16, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Any Rowenta product is also a GREAT investment. Iron + Steamer.

LaLa | March 17, 2010 at 10:33 AM

my nightmare, I hate Ironing, guilty as a "dryer iron-er" :\