Pilot Season :: The SB Experience

I'd like to formally introduce you all to one of the many side projects I've been working on. Welcome to 'The SB Experience!' Amongst the collection of many hats that I wear, I'm firmly planting both my feet and stepping into the shoes of Seth Brundle the personal stylist. I'm currently developing a consulting service where I help men advance their style based on any budget. It's pretty evident that I'm an advocate for men's fashion and getting guys to care about their appearance again. The SB Experience takes men on a journey that goes far beyond clothing. It's a session of self-discovery where we will explore how you want the world to perceive you and how to go about doing that - encompassing everything from etiquette and resume building to date ideas and interior design. It truly is a total reinvention of self - an unrivaled experience.

Since I am in the development stages of The SB Experience I figured who better to experiment on than my own friends. This past weekend we celebrated Glenn's (a.k.a. Gsmoove) 25th Birthday and everyone needed something "new" to wear. Since we are a "League of Extraordinary Entrepreneurs" we definitely wanted to stand out amongst the other guys attending the celebration.

I took my boys on a fantastic voyage that started with one of my favorite Goodwill stores in Los Angeles. I could tell that they were initially a little apprehensive about sifting through secondhand clothing. Before the shopping begun, I had to reassure them with my Guide to Cleanly Thrift Store Shopping. I then began my Terminator-esque tracking for potential pieces, pulling articles of clothing off the racks like a madman while occasionally mumbling, "try this on." I took an arm full of clothing I'd pulled, took them to the mirrors and started piecing them together. It wasn't until that moment that I made believers out of them. That is when they discovered the joys of thrift store shopping. I loved the looks on their faces when they decided on what pieces to purchase and saw the total cost. Several blazers, shirts and ties all for under $20! The journey continued at a few other Goodwill and thrift stores and ended at the Beverly Center where we all purchased a few basic pieces - all on sale of course!


Here is the final product! Each of my friends and I were very well dressed for under $30! It definitely went noticed by the 400+ guests who attended Gsmoove's party. We visibly stood out amongst the ranks of typically dressed men.

More details about The SB Experience to follow. But if you're interested now in it's "pilot" stages, please don't hesitate to e-mail here at me@sethbrundle.com. We can discuss what it is that I can do for you, as well as rates and appointment dates.

Also, hop on Twitter follow this League of Extraordinary Entrepreneurs on each of our quests to accomplish our goals and realize our dreams --- Me = @SethBrundle, Glenn = @4gsmoove, Ralph = @ralphdiesel, Brian = @MrDickWolf, Cecil = @Cimifly, Obi = @ookonko_06, Chris = @Hershey37, Aharon = @ABtheBarber, and Kenny = @soapysud.

6 comments:

Anonymous | March 10, 2010 at 12:02 PM

LOVE this post!

ash the visionary | March 10, 2010 at 12:03 PM

I WANT THE SB EXPERIENCE ASAP YOU TRUELY WILL GO FAR!!!

LaLa | March 10, 2010 at 3:43 PM

um hello can I book you for my BF?!? I love that you are doing this love, 120% support! (as always)

productofvenus | March 10, 2010 at 8:28 PM

when you are ready to give the SB Experience to women I will be the first one to pilot that! You all looked amazing on Saturday and I am beyond proud to call myself a close friend of "The League"! Amazing job Seth (My SP)...xoxo-PoV

Melly Mel | March 10, 2010 at 11:55 PM

How come we homies and you haven't taken me on a thrift trip yet! I know my girl would appreciate it. Maybe I can be in the next blog... " Bigger Than the Average Guy"

Trans_Am | March 15, 2010 at 11:39 PM

On point!! Can't wait to go THRIFTIIIIIIING!!! *squeals like teenage prepubescent girl*