30 Minute [Politics] with Obama



As you know, or should know, President Senator Barack Obama spent more than $3 million to air a 30-minute infomercial on seven networks simultaneously. He appeared at one Florida rally with his running mate, Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr., and another with former president Bill Clinton as local news shows went live in this crucial battleground state.

Of course I watched it, took everything in and thought it was a genius move. I don't know what I was expecting, but to me, it was just a reflection of his 20 month campaign and a reinforcement of what his plans are as president.However, he said one thing that I've been waiting for him to say his entire campaign: "I will not be a perfect president." I feel like, since Barack will potentially be the first African American president he will be watched and criticized more so than anyone that came before him. It was important for me for him to address his inadequacies and boldly state that he's only human. He will make mistakes, but his main mission as president is to meet the needs of the American people as best he can.

Well what I need is Barack Hussein Obama as my president.



Five days.

...and counting.

0 comments: