Dre Gets a Nod


This is the best piece of fashion related news I've seen all day! My boy Andre 3000 has been nominated for an GQ/CFDA Award (an annual August bash that names the menswear designer of the year) for his line Benjamin Bixby.

I normally don't advocate celebrities who want to be double and tripple threats, Jamie Foxx being an exception. I feel like everyone, famous or not, should focus on the one thing that they're good at and master it. I hate when athletes want to be rappers and singers want to be actors. In a lot of instances, I feel like it takes roles away from good, hungry actors who deserve it more than them. But again, there are exceptions. Dre killed mens fashion this year with fresh ideas and bold attitudes. Just look in my archives for proof.

Congrats Dre!

0 comments: