"My president is Black..."


Who would have ever thought that I would utter the words, 'I can't get that Young Jeezy sounds out of my head?' You know how it goes. "My president is Black, my Lambo is blue, and I'll be goddamned if my rims ain't too."

Yesterday, I received the BEST birthday gift I've ever gotten in my life. One so meaningful that it brought tears to my eyes and yet I still can't believe it's true. Our country watched as the first African American president of the United States was sworn in. My mother, who is in DC, called me yesterday and tried to describe the energy in our nation's capitol as she fought back tears. She also went on to tell me how special I must be to have been born on such a history day. That conversation just further inspired me to reach my potential and keep chasing my dreams. As did my president.

How amazing is it this people? A Black president. Barack Hussein Obama.

Wow...

2 comments:

Mrs. Johnson | January 21, 2009 at 3:26 PM

yes yes yes!!! we'll have to share all the details of our day at lunch. i can't wait to see your animated expressions! :)

LaLa | January 22, 2009 at 5:28 PM

seriously I still tear up every time I see pictures of this night.. sigh.

ahhh they are soooo perfect!