a "simple" birthday gift


The beautiful young lady you see above is my friend Lala. She's definitely my favorite blogger that I know personally and she's become a great friend over the past couple of months.

So, Elle's been taunting me the last couple of weeks with the birthday gift she got me. The photo above I've gathered was taken while she was working on it. I've been dying to see what it actually was and yesterday the package finally arrived and was waiting for me on my pouch when I got home. My inner child fought with my inner blogger cause I wanted to rip it open right when I saw it, but of course I had to take pictures to post it first.

Below are the photos of "thee gift." LOOK at the design, artwork and attention to detail she put into the packaging alone. I opened it as carefully as I could, so not to compromise the integrity of the box. As you can see, I had to open the package in sections. I HAVE to say that this is thee most thoughtful gift I've received from anyone in years. It was filled with so many different things that I love:

reese's peanut butter cups
million dollar bill cookie
bj's gift cards
regal cinemas movie tickets
"i've never..." playing cards
grow your own paparazzi (cause i'm going to be famous. lol)
jazz cd
miniature bottles of patron, ciroc, and bacardi
champagne
obama buttons
horns and poppers
undrcrwn obama t-shirt







In addition, she also posted this dope e-card on her blog on Tuesday.



THANK YOU ELLE! LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

Mrs. Johnson | January 22, 2009 at 2:46 PM

Awww! How cute! I was excited reading your post! I like LaLa! That was very creative and thoughtful. She's observant and pays attention to you. That's cool!

p.s. the cutest part was the Reese's!!

LaLa | January 22, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Well...that girl has way to much time on her hands haha

I'm so happy to your liked it and everything played out how I thought it would!!

But I think I'm more flattered that Mrs. Johnson saying she liked me then by your whole entire post haha just playing. I love how you expressed exactly how you felt as you did over the phone with me, even in the middle of total body shut-down you made me smile with your excitement and gratitude.

Your the best, Happy Birthday, Enjoy.

-lala

Wordsmith | January 23, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Happy Belated my dude! I'm sure the party will be wild this weekend.