2009


HAPPY NEW YEAR PEOPLE! I know it's been quite some time, but as I explained before life is moving a mile a minute now and time doesn't permit me to post as often as I would love to.

I don't have a long list of resolutions for the new year. I cut that out a few years back. Making a bunch of empty promises to yourself that you're not going to follow through on is just a waste of time in my opinion. My only resolution last year was to be happy and I can honestly say that my mission was accomplished. Two thousand eight was one of the best years of my life. I learned a great deal about myself and had a great time every step of the way (despite some speed bumps). This was the year I came out of my "shell," partied and drank every weekend, and decided that I was going to pursue my life's passion by attending design school at FIDM (which I've decided to push back to Spring quarter due to some unforeseen things that've come up).

Talking to my best friend yesterday, we both decided that 2009 would be the year of PROGRESS. We will definitely still be partying and attending social events, but not half as many. It's time to chill and buckle down. The sooner I get on it, the sooner my life'll turn out exactly like I've always envisioned it.


INSPIRATION

Alright, now let's talk about "the passion." Bet you were all wondering what I wore on New Years Eve, right? Well look no further than the flawless ensemble you see throughout this post.

You know I'm always talking about inspiration when it comes to getting dressed. After leaving my cousin James' places last week, I decided that for New Years I would take some cues from actor Elliot Gould's Ocean's Eleven character Reuben Tishkoff. Hilariously fly, right? Haha! Like I said, inspiration comes from almost anywhere. You just have to find something that works and freak it as best you can.


COMPETITION

This New Years provided yet another challenge for my cousin James and I. Which one of us wold be the flyest? I have to say with all honesty that he won this year. The picture above does the competition little justice, but his color palette and choice of jacket were awesome.

Spot on cuzzo! You make me want to step my game up. CLICK HERE and check him out @ Eye Wonder Films. He recently started blogging himself.

Below is just a snapshot of our last major competition during Morehouse/Spelman Homecoming in 2006. I killed him with $35 and some imagination. I'm almost a little embarrassed to post this picture. Yes, I'll admit it. I owned a grill when I was in school in Atlanta. Haha!


The rest of the night with the people I love most...




0 comments: